uclibc tool chain installation problem

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sat Mar 18 04:54:02 UTC 2006

On Friday 17 March 2006 11:40 pm, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Friday 17 March 2006 23:19, Rob Landley wrote:
> > (I'm deciding right now whether to modify the mdev code to
> > work with uClibc 0.9.28 for Busybox's 1.1.1 release on Tuesday.  It works
> > fine with glibc, and with current uClibc -svn, but not 0.9.28...)
>
> i wouldnt if i were you
>
> if you want it to work with 0.9.28, use this patch:
> http://viewcvs.gentoo.org/*checkout*/src/patchsets/uclibc/0.9.28/48_all_uCl
>ibc-svn-getdents.patch?root=gentoo -mike

That is not a patch to busybox that makes busybox mdev work with the most
current release version of uClibc.

I've noticed that the majority of people actually deploying stuff on real
hardware tend to like the ability to use release versions of things, rather
than random source control snapshots.  Perhaps I'm working from a
nonrepresentative sample, but it's been pretty darn consistent so far.

Rob