uclibc tool chain installation problem

Hardik Shah hardik.shah at einfochips.com
Fri Mar 17 14:24:52 UTC 2006

Hello,
I am using buildroot-0.9.27.tar.bz2. I followed the same steps as
mentioned on the website to compile the uclibc tool chain. when I tried
to  compiled the above mentioned uClibc tool chain for the i386.  I
selected the following  options from the make menucofig
1.  Get the latest daily snapshot of the uclibc
2. Get the latest daily snapshot of the busybox
3. gcc 3.4.2
4. linux kernel headers 2.6.9
when I ran the make command to build the tool chain. I got the following
error.

home/hardik/buildroot/buildroot/build_i386/staging_dir/i386-linux-
uclibc/bin/ld: cannot find /lib/libc.so.0
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [libgcc_s.so] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/home/hardik/buildroot/buildroot/toolchain_build_i386/gcc-3.4.2-
final/gcc'
make[2]: *** [libgcc.a] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/home/hardik/buildroot/buildroot/toolchain_build_i386/gcc-3.4.2-
final/gcc'
make[1]: *** [all-gcc] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/hardik/buildroot/buildroot/toolchain_build_i386/gcc-3.4.2-final'
make: ***
[/home/hardik/buildroot/buildroot/toolchain_build_i386/gcc-3.4.2-
final/.compiled] Error 2

I got the error yesterday also.  Mike Frysinger told me that the version
is wrong.  so any one can please tell me that the Uclibc tool chain
version is wrong or any other utilites version is wrong like uclibc
library or gcc or the linux kernel headers.  From where can I get the
correct version of the tool chain or utilities.

Thanks and Regards.
Hardik