uclibc tool chain installation problem

Hardik Shah hardik.shah at einfochips.com
Thu Mar 16 14:31:26 UTC 2006

Hello,

I downloaded the buildroot-0.9.27
I configured it for the i386 with gcc support.
When I gave the make command it failed while linking.
Following are the last few lines when it failed.

home/hardik/buildroot/buildroot/build_i386/staging_dir/i386-linux-
uclibc/bin/ld: cannot find /lib/uclibc_nonshared.a
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [libgcc_s.so] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/home/hardik/buildroot/buildroot/toolchain_build_i386/gcc-3.4.2-
final/gcc'
make[2]: *** [libgcc.a] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/home/hardik/buildroot/buildroot/toolchain_build_i386/gcc-3.4.2-
final/gcc'
make[1]: *** [all-gcc] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/hardik/buildroot/buildroot/toolchain_build_i386/gcc-3.4.2-final'
make: ***
[/home/hardik/buildroot/buildroot/toolchain_build_i386/gcc-3.4.2-
final/.compiled] Error 2

So it seems that the buildroot system is looking for the libraries from
the default /lib path rather than the uclibc library path. So can any
one please tell me how to solve this problem?

Thanks and regards,
Hardik

eInfochips Business Disclaimer:
This message may contain confidential, proprietary or legally Privileged information. In case you are not the original intended Recipient of the message, you must not, directly or indirectly, use, Disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message and you are requested to delete it and inform the sender. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender unless otherwise stated. Nothing contained in this message shall be construed as an offer or acceptance of any offer by eInfochips Limited and/or eInfochips Inc("eInfochips") unless sent with that express intent and with due authority of eInfochips. eInfochips has taken enough precautions to prevent the spread of viruses. However the company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.