problem with dlopen when used from multiple threads

sjhill at realitydiluted.com sjhill at realitydiluted.com
Tue Mar 14 14:39:27 UTC 2006

> When dlopen() is used to dynamically load libraries from different threads,
> program crashes sometimes with segmentation fault. This problem is observed
> with 0.9.27 as well as 0.9.28 libraries on MIPS malta platform. Tool chain
> is based on gcc 3.3.6, binutils 2.14.90.0.8 and kernel is 2.4.31

Most likely this is because we do not have the dynamic loader lock in
uClibc that glibc has. When doing TLS and NPTL I thought about
implementing it, but passed for now as it is a corner case of sorts.
If someone else wants to take a stab at it, great. If not, I can get
to it in a couple of months.

-Steve