Who is responsible for locale support?

Steven J. Hill sjhill at realitydiluted.com
Tue Mar 14 05:13:34 UTC 2006

Mike Frysinger wrote:

> how is this a bug in uClibc ?  if locale support is disabled, then all locale
> symbols should be disabled ... libstdc++ should follow suite

But it doesn't. Originally, the variable '__global_locale' was defined
regardless of locale support. However, after it was changed to only be
defined when locale support was enabled, no one apparently went back to
see if it was possible to build a toolchain with locale support disabled.
I guess I can thank Peter for yet again breaking things. My NPTL release
is being delayed because of other people's sloppiness.

-Steve