uClibc gcc-svn support

Joseph S. Myers joseph at codesourcery.com
Tue Mar 7 18:02:03 UTC 2006

On Tue, 7 Mar 2006, Peter S. Mazinger wrote:

> it seems that unwind-dw2-fde-glibc.c has a check for DT_CONFIG, that would
> make it use unwind-dw2-fde.c on uClibc I think, so the only offending line
> to get omitted for uClibc is
> SHLIB_MAPFILES += $(srcdir)/config/libgcc-glibc.ver
>
> what check could be used in this file to see if we are building for
> uClibc?

When toplevel libgcc is merged to mainline GCC, it will be straightforward
to put in configure-time or make-time tests that get run for each
multilib, test whether that multilib is uClibc and adjust such things
accordingly.  Until then it's difficult to do such things correctly, but I
don't think the different symbol versions do much harm.

I.e., for buildroot you might continue to condition on the target triplet
- that is the status quo for buildroot.  For mainline GCC, once toplevel
libgcc is in a proper fix could go in mainline GCC, and the target
triplet conditional could be removed from buildroot for 4.2.0 and later.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph at codesourcery.com