Building a ARM EABI toolchain fails in ld-uClibc-0.9.28.so

Peter S. Mazinger ps.m at gmx.net
Mon Mar 6 08:12:09 UTC 2006

On Sat, 18 Feb 2006, Joseph S. Myers wrote:

> On Sat, 18 Feb 2006, Peter S. Mazinger wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 17 Feb 2006, Nicolas Bellido wrote:
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > > http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2006-02/msg00843.html
> > > http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/libstdc++/2006-02/msg00053.html
> >
> > Joseph, please contact mjn3 about the libstdc++ part, he didn't
> > wanted to add anything upstream, because it was not "finalized"
>
> First, let it be clear that the only libstdc++ patches added to GCC trunk
> from buildroot are the ctype support; the configure support is different
> from that in buildroot and the locale support has not been added.  I do
> not plan to add the locale support or other GCC patches from buildroot,
> because I don't have a need for them, but I'd still urge people who do
> need those other patches to submit them upstream.

I have looked at your patch and I like the way it is done. It seems to me
that the only part that is missing (apart from not supporting all archs)
is the --enable-clocale=uclibc feature. The math functions check is more
correct then it is now, buildroot should benefit of it too. I haven't done
a compile check, does your patch work w/ --enable-clocale=generic one
(this should be picked up as default)?

Do I read the patch right? gcc -muclibc allows on a glibc host to use
ld-uClibc.so.0, resp. gcc -mglibc on an uClibc host to use ld-linux.so.x?

Would you provide an update patch that solves support for the other archs?
If we put it into buildroot, it will get enough testing, so that it can be
added upstream as well.

Thanks, Peter