speeding up buildroot compile time for multiple users...

Clem Taylor clem.taylor at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 02:10:58 UTC 2006

Hi,

I've been trying to figure out a good way to speed up the buildroot
compile time in a multiple developer environment by not requiring
everyone to build everything from scratch. We don't change the
toolchain and uclibc very often (and many of the tools), so people
shouldn't have to build everything from scratch just to build from a
new view.

The nightly build system will build a fresh copy of the buildroot
image, so I'd just like to point the developers buildroot toolchain
directory to the nightly build. I tried pointing
toolchain_build_<arch> to the build system version, it seems that
install wants to be able to remove files from toolchain_build_<arch>.

It would seem that this is something other people would do, so I was
wondering if anyone else does something like this and how did you get
it to work?

                             --Clem