buildroot license file.

Robert Schwebel robert at schwebel.de
Tue Jun 13 06:20:25 UTC 2006

On Mon, Jun 12, 2006 at 03:53:20PM -0500, sjhill at realitydiluted.com wrote:
> There is currently not a license file present with buildroot. I would
> like to propose putting buildroot under the BSD or LGPL license. Please
> reply to the mailing list (don't CC: me, I read the list and don't need
> another copy clogging my inbox) with comments and suggestions. Thanks.

Sidenote: we've placed PTXdist (which is heavily inspired by an early
version of buildroot) under the GPL, with a clarification sentence that
the license does not influence the license of the software being built
with the system. That's IMHO a good idea, because a make/shell based
system has the source included with the distro anyway, so there's no
drawback behind a BSD solution according to my understanding.

Robert
     Hannoversche Str. 2, 31134 Hildesheim, Germany
   Phone: +49-5121-206917-0 |  Fax: +49-5121-206917-9