Problems compiling Xorg within buildroot

Swapneel Shah swapneel.shah at silicus.com
Mon Jun 12 13:11:06 UTC 2006

Hi

I have tried compiling xorg for i686-uclibc, but haven't been able to do so.
First I tried with X11R6.8.2 and then later applied the patch for X11R6.9.0.
I have been getting lot of compilation erros while doing the builds like

../../exports/lib/libXft.so: undefined reference to `FcFreeTypeCharSet'

../../exports/lib/libXft.so: undefined reference to `FcFreeTypeCharIndex'

../../exports/lib/libfontconfig.so: undefined reference to
`FcFreeTypeGetPrivateMap'

../../exports/lib/libfontconfig.so: undefined reference to
`FcFreeTypePrivateToUcs4'

Has anyone successfully completed the build for Xorg using buildroot for
i686?

Regards

Swapneel