Questions while creating a changelog...

Peter Kjellerstedt peter.kjellerstedt at axis.com
Tue Jul 25 12:26:15 UTC 2006

Well, I guess I should answer to that as I was responsible for
the conversion from ln -> $(LN) in the first place.

The reason is that we have $(LN) setup to do more than just create
the link when installing into our cross-development target tree.
There should be no drawbacks for anyone else as long as $(LN) is
defined (which it is in Rules.mak if memory serves me correct),
but it makes it easier for us to use the source without having to
use local changes all over the place.  Now we only have to make a
few minor changes to Makefile.in and Rules.mak in the top level
directory to get it to work in our build environment.

//Peter