Glib mutex performance with uClibc 0.9.28

jean-marie.verdun at splitted-desktop.org jean-marie.verdun at splitted-desktop.org
Thu Jul 13 00:32:52 UTC 2006

Hi Peter,

Don't know if it helps but the osssink version is working with the same
approach ( clock thread and 3 others ).
It is possible that the cancellation issue is raised during alsasink
because of the deeper used of threads functions there. (and yes I believe
it is making call to thread cancellation when it conclude to write to the
audio device, I need to check if osssink is doing it)
I don't know if you have time to have a look, but that will be great, at
least to confirm that the issue is coming from what we are suspecting !
Feel free to ask questions if I can be of any help.
Osssink is fine but alsa is much more interesant in term of audio
playback, especially with the new media player running on top of it and
the latest gstreamer release (0.10) is more efficient with this default
sink. 0.8 doesn't raised such issue only because the alsa sink was
something much more basic by that time.

Jm