Glib mutex performance with uClibc 0.9.28

Peter S. Mazinger ps.m at gmx.net
Wed Jul 12 21:51:30 UTC 2006

On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 jean-marie.verdun at splitted-desktop.org wrote:

> Hi Peter,
[...]
> The "clock" thread is mostly in this state, he is probably the one
> producing the event to wake up the rendering thread into the poll fd:
>
> #0  0xb7bde2bc in __rt_sigsuspend () from /lib/libc.so.0
> #1  0xb7bde2f3 in sigsuspend () from /lib/libc.so.0

seeing sigsuspend I see already trouble ...

I would have to now if cancellation is happening/tried.

I have made the new linuxthreads working, but using the "old style"
cancellation, where the non-cancellable version of a function is in
libc.so, the cancellable one in libpthread.so (old linuxthreads misses
many of them, sigsuspend in 0.9.28 is not cancellable as well)
The only function from SuSv3 (supported by uClibc) that I haven't solved
yet is sigsuspend, for some reason (even if I put a cancellable version
in libc.so), uClibc does not like it and hangs. Until I don't find a
solution to have sigsuspend working correctly (pass all tests I have) it
does even make sense to try the described procedure.

Sorry, Peter