Glib mutex performance with uClibc 0.9.28

Peter S. Mazinger ps.m at gmx.net
Wed Jul 12 20:31:01 UTC 2006

On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 jean-marie.verdun at splitted-desktop.org wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I fix the threading type issue, it is recognized as posix (forced by hand
> with-threads configure option) now. The mutex implementation is still
> slow.
> I do not face issue with gstreamer 0.8.X family, but this release do not
> use threading mutex at all !
>
> Jm

So you need to enforce posix threads? Though looking at configure, it has
to pass the checks as well, independently of the fact that you enforce the
type. Why does not auto-detect then?

Any testcase around? Or could you tell me how to reproduce your
"slowness"? I would want to check if the (new) linuxthreads works better
than what is enabled by LINUXTHREADS_OLD.

Thanks, Peter