buildroot package question

Steven J. Hill sjhill at realitydiluted.com
Tue Jul 11 03:07:27 UTC 2006

Daniel Stekloff wrote:

> If I rename my file to alphabetically occur after zlib, it gets built.
> Is there a way to change build order of packages besides alphabetically?
>
> I'm probably must missing something obvious.

Yes, the whole point of makefiles in general and specifying target
dependencies. Take a look at 'package/asterisk/asterisk.mk' for a
package that requires a whole bunch of other packages (dependencies)
to be built and installed before it (the target) can be built. You
would want to add the 'zlib' to be one of your dependencies for your
package.

-Steve