buildroot kernel headers and linux kernel version.

Kathy Zheng kath_rich64 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 7 21:01:33 UTC 2006

Hi all,

 I'm using a mainline linux 2.6.13.2 running on xscale. I compiled the toolchain using buildroot, however the most recent version of kernel headers it supports is 2.6.12.

 Will this mismatch cause a problem? Is so how do people use buildroot for kernels > 2.6.12?

 I've been successfully using this configuration for a while, though admittedly dont use userland much.

 The real issue is that now a heavily threaded application, crashes at times (not always) in pthread_mutex_ calls.  I havent debugged this further, just wanted to get the header mismatch thing cleared first.

 Any help is greatly appreciated.

 Thanks.