Build a busybox and uClibc bootable system

Marco Ferra mferra at openmail.cc
Mon Jul 3 10:55:09 UTC 2006

Hi

First of all forgive me if this is a basic question.  I'm trying to build a mini distribution to be the firmware of an embedded system, but, initially i want to make a bootable CD of it. I was thinking on busybox and uClibc because they are small and fast, but i also need Python on this CD.  So my questions are these:

1.  I have gathered the x86 toolchain from http://uclibc.org/downloads/root_fs_i386.ext2.bz2 and loop mounted it. What are now the steps to build a busybox and uClibc only system (but bootable)?  I don't need all of the toolchain, and reducing the total space used is important.

2.  Will Python compile using uClibc ?

Sincere regards,
Marco Ferra