Upcoming support for Cris V32 architecture

Ricard Wanderlof ricard.wanderlof at axis.com
Wed Jan 25 09:18:04 UTC 2006

I'm planning to introduce support for the newest family of the Cris
architecture (dubbed Crisv32, used in the Etrax FS chip) into the official
uClibc release. We already have a working in-house port, but it is based
on the uClibc 0.9.27 release, and needs a bit of work in order to bring it
into line with subsequent developments of uClibc. This also includes
testing that the existing Cris arch works properly with uClibc; after
browsing the subervsion tree I suspect that code changes have introduced
issues that need testing and working out.

I won't have the opportunity to get started on this for a while (like, a
couple of months). I was wondering if there are any indications for when
the next uClibc release (0.9.29 ?) will be?

My plan is to start by synchronizing our existing Crisv32 efforts with the
latest official uClibc release, and then move on from there, so that
Crisv32 support can be included in the next official uClibc release, with
any luck. That way I can run tests for stability based on the latest
official release before going on to the bleeding edge.

/Ricard