Continued problems with pthreads

Adrian McMenamin adrian at mcmen.demon.co.uk
Mon Jan 23 22:49:38 UTC 2006

I decided to rebuild my buildroot installation from scratch but the
problem was replicated. I couldn't get a bash (ie sh -> bash) based nfs
root to get anywhere near a user shell, and got this with a busybox (ie
sh -> busysbox):

[4294671.462000] Freeing unused kernel memory: 72k freed
\uffff\uffff\uffffRunning init.d
running /etc/init.d/S10udev
BusyBox v1.1.1-pre0 (2006.01.23-00:38+0000) multi-call binary

Usage: uname [OPTION]...

Print certain system information.  With no OPTION, same as -s.

        -a      print all information
        -m      the machine (hardware) type
        -n      print the machine's network node hostname
        -r      print the operating system release
        -s      print the operating system name
        -p      print the host processor type
        -v      print the operating system version

running /etc/init.d/S20urandom
Initializing random number generator... done.
running /etc/init.d/S30hotplug
** can't synthesize pci hotplug events

whereupon it freezes. Has anyone been able to get a pthread based
install to work on SH?

Adrian