[patch] init_array/fini_array support

Joseph S. Myers joseph at codesourcery.com
Thu Jan 19 15:14:40 UTC 2006

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006, Peter S. Mazinger wrote:

> Does it break compatibility w/ old compiled apps? If yes we should try to
> allow an update path from .28 even if all the apps have to be recompiled.
> The compat stuff is generally removed after the next release.

There should be no compatibility problems with old compiled apps.  They'll
continue to pass _init and _fini to __uClibc_main, which will continue to
call the functions passed.

(I'm presuming old apps don't use init_array / fini_array / preinit_array.
If they do, none of those functions will previously have been called;
after an upgrade of the shared uClibc, the app's preinit_array and shared
libraries' init_array and fini_array will start getting called, but the
app's init_array and fini_array won't get called without relinking.)

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph at codesourcery.com