building arm toolchain with buildroot

Itzhak Ben-Akiva itzhak.benakiva at guardit-tech.com
Wed Jan 11 13:06:55 UTC 2006

Hi everybody,

I'm having some troubles building a proper arm toolchain with buildroot
for some days already. The compilation goes well, except for the missing
pthreadtypes.h file that I have to copy manually to the right place, but
the compilation ends successfully.

However, whenever I try compile my project and link it statically to
pthread library (--static -lm -lpthread), I get the following error:

../arm-linux-uclibc/lib/libpthread.a(pthread.os): In function
`__pthread_initialize_minimal': undefined reference to
`__libc_pthread_init

Thus, I would ask you all, who has an ARM toolchain successfully
compiled and working properly, to send me the .config file of your
buildroot.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

cheers,
Itzhak