RFC: 2 ideas

Peter S. Mazinger ps.m at gmx.net
Sat Jan 7 10:46:33 UTC 2006

On Fri, 6 Jan 2006, Steven J. Hill wrote:

> Peter S. Mazinger wrote:
> >
> > What do you think of introducing 2 config options UCLIBC_HAS_GNU and
> > UCLIBC_HAS_BSD if not set, they would disable all the GNU/BSD
> > functionality within uClibc?
> >
> What are the benefits and what is your reasoning behind this? What
> specific features will these enable/disable?
>
> -Steve

If UCLIBC_HAS_GNU is not set, I am thinking of disabling all that are
guarded by __USE_GNU within headers that uClibc provides (the same for
__USE_BSD, these are not so many).
For minimal/embedded systems the GNU stuff is overload I think (haven't
checked though if busybox can be built for ex. w/o the GNU stuff)

Peter