RFC: use of hidden_def/hidden_proto

Peter S. Mazinger ps.m at gmx.net
Fri Jan 6 23:29:22 UTC 2006

On Fri, 6 Jan 2006, Peter S. Mazinger wrote:

> Benefits:

8. If we would begin building completely separate objects for libc.so and
libc.a (w/ -DSHARED and w/o), we could omit the hidden versions from
libc.a (not needed there)

I am kindly asking those who do not like/object against these changes to
come up with proposals of handling __REDIRECT w/ the current
implementation. I do not have ideas how it can be acomplished and I won't
touch any func/func64 pairs, because the internal functionality of libc
will be a mess (if LFS is disabled there is no trouble, but else ...)

I also ask for support/ideas for cancelable syscalls (libc/libpthread
interaction)

Thanks, Peter