crt1.S start code

David McCullough davidm at snapgear.com
Tue Jan 3 23:19:08 UTC 2006

Jivin Mike Frysinger lays it down ...
> On Tuesday 03 January 2006 17:26, David McCullough wrote:
> > Both the armulator and xcopilot boot in a few seconds.  I always find them
> > a good fallback test that I can run from anywhere without physical HW
> > access,
>
> indeed, i jumped the gun on this one ... just built and played with it in a
> 32bit chroot and man that thing is friggin fast :)
>
> with a fully automated .gdbinit and using the sample 2.4.x files, mine hits
> the sash shell prompt in under two seconds

:-)

I am actually just playing with it since a pending update to the kernel hits a
HW IO register not implemented in the ARMulator.  And since we need the
fix for real AT91 HW,  I guess the armulator needs an update,  it's
only be 3 years since the last one :-)

Sounds like I can't fix the x86_64 stuff though,  but I am cleaning up
the build a little bit where I can, at least to cleanly remove the GTK
requirement.

Cheers,
Davidm

--