uwoody w/ 2.4.32 kernel boots into single user mode

Harmon Seaver hseaver at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 21:41:39 UTC 2006

On 2/28/06, Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo.org> wrote:
> On Tuesday 28 February 2006 12:01, Harmon Seaver wrote:
> > I've got uwoody booting up with a 2.4.32 kernel but it only boots into
> > single user mode complaining:
>
> uwoody is pretty much a DITY adventure at this point in time
> -mike

       I'm not sure why that should be -- does anyone actually have
anything better working? I've been trying to get a functioning uclibc
rootfs going for over a month now with zero luck even getting a i386
rootfs to compile with buildroot, except for two that had no added
packages, which is pretty useless. And looking at the logs that keep
getting posted it doesn't seem that there actually is much working.
       Surely someone has a clue as to why that error is happening, or
did nobody ever try using uwoody? I'd think there would be a fair
number of people using it if the newer stuff won't compile.

--
Harmon Seaver