Buildroot: tar + fakeroot problems

Frank Meerkoetter frank at betaversion.net
Tue Feb 28 09:02:00 UTC 2006

Hi,

i'm using buildroot to create a tar archive which then
can be deployed on a target. I've added several packages to the
buildroot system. Recently i've noticed several error messages at
the end of the build.

[...]
# Use fakeroot so tar believes the previous fakery
/usr/local/uClibc-DaVinci/usr/bin/fakeroot \
-i /usr/local/uClibc-DaVinci/fakeroot.env \
-s /usr/local/uClibc-DaVinci/fakeroot.env -- \
tar -c""f /home/frank/buildroot/rootfs.arm_nofpu.tar -C
/home/frank/buildroot/build_arm_nofpu/root .
tar: ./lib/modules/2.6.10_mvl401/kernel/fs/fuse/fuse.ko: Cannot readlink:
Invalid argument
tar: ./usr/bin/awk: file changed as we read it
tar: ./usr/lib/libfuse.so: file changed as we read it
tar: ./usr/lib/libsmbclient.so.0: file changed as we read it
tar: ./usr/lib/libfuse.so.2: file changed as we read it

The resulting tar archive contains the files mentioned above and
at the first glance they seem to be ok.

I've noticed when running the tar command without fakeroot
there aren't any error messages.

Is this serious? Any ideas what the problem is?

Regards,
   Frank