buildroot with x86_64 ?

Johnnie Peters johnnie123 at verizon.net
Mon Feb 20 17:29:00 UTC 2006

Woody Marvel wrote:
> has anyone recently done a target buildroot with x86_64 ? share
> your .config ?

I have.  I could not build multilib and I needed to add -fPIC for the
linker so do a 'make menuconfig' and

1.  Under Toolchain Options go to near the bottom of the list and
disable multilib support.

2.  Under the Target Optimization entry add "-fPIC" to the current "-Os
-pipe" entry.

Then go ahead and build.  When the image is built the busybox shared
library is installed in /lib64 and the rest of the system can not find
it.  Simply move these entries to /lib.

As soon as I can get some time to look further I will probably try to
fix multilib support in the buildroot environment.

Johnnie