When did uClibc start to require bison?

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Mon Feb 20 02:32:34 UTC 2006

On Sunday 19 February 2006 8:59 pm, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Sunday 19 February 2006 16:31, Rob Landley wrote:
> > Must be a buildroot thing then.  (I tried to build a busybox plus uclibc
> > target system, and it died saying I must install bison on my host system.
> > Not at all sure I'm configuring it properly, though...)
>
> it is a buildroot feature ... been there for sometime iirc
> -mike

Is there any way to use buildroot _without_ bison?  (What is buildroot using
bison for, anyway?)

Is there a "how buildroot works" document other than reading through the
nested makefiles and trying to reverse engineer the sequence by figuring out
what make does with a bunch of disjoint rules?  (I'm not good with make.)

Rob