New DST rules

Ata, John (US SSA) john.ata at baesystems.com
Fri Feb 3 17:36:56 UTC 2006

Hi,

Bug #622 describes a situation where the latest rules passed by Congress
in 2005 have not yet been incorporated into the uclibc time routines.
So when March 11, 2007 2:00 rolls around in US time zones, clocks will
be an hour off.   Our company uses uclibc in it's product but we would
like send out the next release in a state where it will work properly in
the years to come regarding the application of daylight savings time.

We realize that the TZ environment variable may be set in a way that
describes the new change.  However, we need a way to support both rules,
both pre and post 2007 depending on the date being processed.  So we
needed to patch the library... it may be that the uclibc developers will
opt to just change the one default rule at the end of 2006.  However, if
anyone is interested, I will update the bug report with the patch we
will implement.

Take care,
------
John G. Ata