Please remove paths from libc.so.

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sat Dec 30 23:40:40 UTC 2006

On Saturday 30 December 2006 4:34 pm, Rich Felker wrote:
> > i'm not going to waste time on a non-sysroot vs sysroot debate since
sysroot
> > is hands down superior
>
> I must strongly disagree. Simplicity is the ultimate virtue and a
> solution that requires nothing except removing broken code is always
> inherently better than a solution which involves adding a layer of
> wrapping.

Both solutions involve a wrapper.  The question is, do you trust a wrapper
that exists outside of gcc and overrides all of gcc's broken path logic
entirely, or do you trust gcc to get it right on the fifth attempt without
actually removing any of the debris from the previous four?

Rob
--
"Perfection is reached, not when there is no longer anything to add, but
when there is no longer anything to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery