How do I get the paths out of the library dependencies?

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Wed Dec 27 08:26:51 UTC 2006

The uClibc build sticks absolute paths to $RUNTIME_PREFIX/lib/ld-uClibc.so.0
in the library dependencies, presumably for tls (even though I built a gcc
without threads, haven't tracked down how to disable this yet).

Is there a major downside to just linking to ld-uClibc.so.0 and letting the
library search path work things out?  (I realize the runtime linker needs to
be specified with an absolute location, but that's when you build an
_executable_.  Not a shared library.  Having libc.so.0 not be relocatable is
really annoying.  Or am I doing something wrong?)

Rob
--
"Perfection is reached, not when there is no longer anything to add, but
when there is no longer anything to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery