How do I build a cross-ldd?

Luciano Miguel Ferreira Rocha strange at nsk.no-ip.org
Wed Dec 20 12:58:19 UTC 2006

On Tue, Dec 19, 2006 at 10:45:30PM -0500, Dave Dodge wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 19, 2006 at 10:05:27AM -0500, Rob Landley wrote:
> > On Tuesday 19 December 2006 3:25 am, Dave Dodge wrote:
> > > I think it also tracks down dependencies recursively,
> >
> > Not that I know of.  I had to write a script when I wanted the recursive
> > dependencies.  (See the busybox test suite.)
>
> This may just be a side-effect of how glibc's ldd is implemented, but
> that one does appear to operate recursively.

Note that glibc's ldd is ld-linux.so.2, with some environment variables
defined. So it does operate recursively, because it does try to start
the executable.

If you require ldd to operate recursively, I think it will be easier to
create a script parsing the output of objdump -p or readelf -d.

--
lfr
0/0