ldconfig: support for include directive

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Wed Dec 20 04:34:09 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 19 December 2006 18:10, Luciano Miguel Ferreira Rocha wrote:
> Well, I just sent it to the list in case anyone else would be interested
> in adding the "include" feature to ldconfig. As I said, the patch isn't
> pretty, and I didn't intend it to be commited as is.

sure ... and i'd bet the people who actually want this functionality
appreciate it :)

> I currently don't have time to clean the patch up and define the
> configure options. But I'll add it to my queue of TODOs.

thanks

> > also, relying on fnmatch is sucky ... especially since that is a common
> > feature that is disabled ...
>
> Scandir+fnmatch was the first thing that came to mind. Is glob more
> acceptable?

well, i think if you're going to be supporting * in paths, then there isnt
much choice ... you're going to need to use fnmatch() ... i was just saying
that it sucks as both fnmatch() and glob() tend to be disabled as they arent
terribly common

you could add in an option though so that if fnmatch() is disabled, then the
include directive does not support wildcards ... or you could have the config
option for ldconfig/include force enable fnmatch() ... doesnt matter terribly
much to me which direction it goes so long as i can disable it completely :)
-mike