Failed to make uClibc 0.9.26

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Tue Dec 19 15:14:32 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 19 December 2006 6:49 am, ma Jackie wrote:
> Hi,folks
>
> I can't make uClibc according to the instuctions in the INSTALL file.You
> see (a) I extracted the    uClibc-0.9.26.tar.bz2  downloaded from
> uClibc.org into /home/jack/kernel directory,(b)cd uClibc-0.9.26 where make
> defconfig ,make clean,then make.But it failed at last.The more is detailed
> below.

Why are you trying to make a version that's 3 years old?

> my system is ubuntu 5.10 with kernel 2.6.12 and gcc 4.0.2
>
> Any suggestion and/or information is greately appreciated.

I believe 0.9.26 was circa Red Hat 9 or so.  (You can get a Red Hat 9 image to
run under QEMU at "http://busybox.net/downloads/qemu", but why?)

Rob
--
"Perfection is reached, not when there is no longer anything to add, but
when there is no longer anything to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery