Segfault on arm.

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Wed Dec 13 20:06:15 UTC 2006

Using the November 28 snapshot of uClibc, I could build a statically
linked "hello world" program for armv4l which ran under qemu-arm.  But moving
to the December 13 snapshot (and changing _nothing_ else), I get:

> landley at driftwood:~/firmware/firmware/build/temp$ qemu-arm a.out
Hello world!
qemu: uncaught target signal 11 (Segmentation fault) - exiting

The program is:

#include <stdio.h>
int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
   printf("Hello world!\n");
   return 0;
}

I'm building it with
PATH=~/firmware/firmware/build/cross-compiler-armv4l/bin:$PATH \
  armv4l-unknown-linux-gnu-gcc -static hello.c

I'm using gcc 4.1.1, binutils 2.17, and linux 2.6.19.1.  I don't get a signal
11 using the Nov 28 snapshot, but I get it with last night's.

Any clues?

Rob
--
"Perfection is reached, not when there is no longer anything to add, but
when there is no longer anything to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery