ARM NPTL support for uClibc

Peter S. Mazinger ps.m at gmx.net
Fri Aug 25 08:23:18 UTC 2006

On Thu, 24 Aug 2006, Erik Andersen wrote:

> On Fri Aug 25, 2006 at 03:15:37AM +0200, Peter S. Mazinger wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > Is there no way to get rid of the libgcc_s.so dependency, the
> > uClibc-nptl branch seems not to need it.
>
> Of course there is a way...  Simply build gcc with
> --disable-shared rather than --enable-shared and you're all set.

this is definitely not what I meant, it may use libgcc.a but it should not
need anything from libgcc_s.so (when this solution was presented the
first time it was intended to circumvent a known mips toolchain bug)

I'll ask it the other way, which are the undefines if you use $(LIBGCC)
instead of $(LIBGCC_S)

Peter