locale correction

Peter S. Mazinger ps.m at gmx.net
Thu Aug 24 18:01:33 UTC 2006

On Thu, 24 Aug 2006, Mike Frysinger wrote:

> On Tuesday 22 August 2006 14:20, Peter S. Mazinger wrote:
> > The __locale_mmap hiding can't use attribute_hidden because it gets added
> > to a visible header, the patch is needed to get the "fix" also if
> > pregenerated locales are used.

> huh?
__locale_mmap produces a jump relocation, with the patch I attached it is
removed, but due to the fact that it is added to bits/uClibc_locale_data.h
that it will be visible after install/at runtime, where attribute_hidden
is not present. Maybe that header should be removed though on install, it
is already guarded by _LIBC.
The only case where it is probably used is gcc compile
#define _LIBC
#include <locale.h>
#undef _LIBC

grep the gcc uclibc patch for __locale_mmap, if it there, then
attribute_hidden cant be used, if not, then header can go away on
install (maybe along with bits/uClibc_touplow)

Peter