cancellation variant for uClibc?

Paul Brook paul at codesourcery.com
Thu Aug 24 02:48:42 UTC 2006

> > The arm nptl port does not define these in libpthread at all. Any
> > syscalls duplicated in libpthread are IMHO bugs.
>
> Sorry, havent looked at that part of the nptl patch, only the ones
> affecting the rest of uClibc, but I recall seeing pt-*.c files in the
> nptl-branch.

I think the pt-* files are the ones I mention below.

> > There are a few functions where the source is in the libpthread
> > directory, but the objects end up in libc.a/.so
>
> that is fine ...
>
> New linuxthreads and nptl can go with 2., but how to handle
> linuxthreads_old (it requires __libc_x() provided visible in libc)?

I wouldn't expect this to be hard to solve.

On the NPTL branch Steve seems to have decided to add new implementation
of/wrappers round all the cancellable syscalls in libpthread/nptl. Hence the
big filter-out in libc/sysdeps/linux/common/Makefile.in.

For the Arm port we added the cancellation code (with appropriate macros)
directly into the existing implementations.

Paul