lsof missing entries, and lots other problems

paul wang perltcl at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 19 02:19:18 UTC 2006

hi

I'm bootstraping from a LFS glibc build,
I'm building from the latest buildroot, uclibc.
everything went ok,
except some small problems,
1. I didn't "select" busybox, but when everything was built, it complains about it
2. it complains about not having enough space to create the image "rootfs.i686.ext2", but when I try make again, it works

ok, here comes bigger problems,
1. "lsof" miss a lot of entries, and mostly missing are opened network sockets. This is a big problem security-wise....
2. "ifconfig" or "route" or "iptables -L" locks a bit if you know what I mean, they works but seem to be waiting for something.
3. rp-pppoe sorta works, well... "pppoe-start works" as I can see from the new entry "pppX" was added to "ifconfig", but "pppoe-start" itself can't seem to know that... and exit with timeout.
4. here is my ltp result for the glibc host, and the uclibc

(glibc 2.3.6 gcc 3.4.6)
grep FAIL results/result.yyyymmdd.log
getsid02                       FAIL       1
mincore01                      FAIL       1
readv02                        FAIL       1
writev01                       FAIL       1

(uclibc snapshot, gcc 3.4.6)

readv02                        FAIL       1
swapon02                       FAIL       6
writev01                       FAIL       1
pth_str01                      FAIL       9
pth_str02                      FAIL       11
pth_str03                      FAIL       9
float_bessel                   FAIL       137
float_exp_log                  FAIL       137
float_iperb                    FAIL       139
float_power                    FAIL       137
float_trigo                    FAIL       137
pty01                          FAIL       2