rpm for uclibc?

Ed Swierk eswierk at arastra.com
Fri Aug 11 01:46:59 UTC 2006

On 8/8/06, Peter S. Mazinger <ps.m at gmx.net> wrote:
> I have rpm-4.0.x built, rpm-4.2 would also work (I have backported some
> 4.2 patches from openpkg to 4.0). iirc the rpc part does not work and I
> had to sed s:PIC:__PIC__: (but that is rather security/text relocation
> related, depends on the chosen uClibc config if it affects you), haven't
> tried any newer, though I dont know why it shouldnt, beecrypt builds and
> berkeley db used in rpm>4.1 also.

I've managed to get rpm 4.4.6 to compile with uClibc-20060720 and gcc
4.1.1 by building beecrypt, neon and zlib separately (under buildroot)
and applying the attached pile of patches (most of which spray for
absolute pathnames in -L and -I flags).

Unfortunately I don't get very far when I try to run the resulting
executable. rpm --rebuild crashes with an error that seems to point to
some uClibc mutex issue in the db4 library:

rpmdb: unable to initialize mutex: Function not implemented
rpmdb: PANIC: Function not implemented

rpmdb: unable to join the environment
error: db4 error(-30974) from dbenv->open: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal
error, run database recovery
error: cannot open Packages index using db3 -  (-30974)

I'm moving onto other work for now, but if anyone finds their way
around this problem, I'd love to hear about it.

--Ed