How do I config udhcp 0.9.8?

Alessio Massaro alessio.massaro at oxinst.co.uk
Tue Apr 25 14:18:41 UTC 2006

I m trying to use udhcp 0.9.8 instead of the ISC implementation.

The situation is extremely simple.

I only have one nic and a Windows Server 2003 DHCP server on the LAN.
ISC DHCP works very well with this setup, but udhcp seems to need more
config info.

The udhcp deconfig phase does "ifconfig eth0 0.0.0.0" and ifconfig complains
it can't find interface config data. Udhcp tries to discover 3 times and
then fails.

If I "ifconfig eth0 SOME_IP broadcast SOME_IP_ENDING_255 netmask
255.255.0.0" + "ifup eth0",
the discovery phase works and I get a meaningful IP, but the routing table
and resolve.conf remain empty.

My /etc/network/interfaces is very traditional, i.e. as follows:

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp

I didn't change any other script. I m using what buildroot gives
out-of-the-box.

Does anyone have a clue?

Any info VERY APPREACIATED
Thnx