[BUG] error in global variables strong aliasing

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Wed Apr 19 22:22:46 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 18 April 2006 19:27, Rich Felker wrote:

> > > I can't find any logic when glibc uses strong_alias versus weak_alias,
> > > it seems to me, that anything new added is weak_alias
> >
> > i was going by a grep of the source code itself ... all aliases used for
> > data are weak_alias()
>
> It would be better to read the fine manuals and learn the semantic
> difference between weak and strong and why they're used the way
> they're used.

and what manuals would those be exactly ?  we've already shown that
strong_alias() fails to work properly for some architectures regardless of
native or cross-compilation
http://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2006-04/msg00048.html

but if you're implying that we dont understand the difference between a weak
and a strong symbol, you're mistaken
-mike