buildroot fails with unrecognised emulation mode

Lance Spaulding lsjunk1 at cableone.net
Wed Apr 19 14:49:12 UTC 2006

Mike Frysinger wrote:

>On Tuesday 18 April 2006 11:32, Lance Spaulding wrote:
>

>>I've been trying to build a uClibc-based ARM cross compiler using
>>buildroot but I keep running into problems.  The compile always fails
>>with "unrecognised emulation mode" (see below).  It looks like it's
>>trying to use the standard compiler instead of the newly-built ARM
>>compiler.  I've tred building gcc 3.4.5 and gcc 4.1 and on both gentoo
>>and suse machines but they all fail in the same spot.  What am I doing
>>wrong?
>>

>you dont have CC set in your env do you ?  looks like you have an older
>Gentoo/gcc install there and i dont recall exactly when i fixed that bug in
>Gentoo ...
>-mike

Thanks for the reply Mike.  I ran "export CC=" and "export CXX="
before trying to make (per the instructions on the uclibc web site).
The gentoo system I'm trying to compile is is fairly old (I think my
last emerge world was about 8 months ago or so).   However I see
the same failure when I try to build on a suse-based machine and
also verified that neither CC nor CXX were set there.  If you fixed
this in gentoo do you know which package the fix would be in and
I'll try to upgrade to the latest version of it and try again.

Thanks,
Lance