Retiring from uClibc development

Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw at lug-owl.de
Tue Apr 11 17:45:36 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-04-11 11:11:31 -0600, Erik Andersen <andersen at codepoet.org> wrote:
> This leaves e1 frv h8300 i960 nios sh64 v850 and vax as arches
> with questionable developer support.  I know for example, that
> i960 has not had a single bug report or patch or even comment
> since the arch was added.  I'm tempted to nuke it as it seems
> entirely unmaintained, unloved, and unused.

A vax-linux-uclibc toolchain is built once per hour with freshly
updated binutils, gcc and uClibc sources. This includes a
i686-linux hosted cross-compiler to vax-linux-uclibc as well as a
vax-linux-uclibc hosted vax-linux-uclibc compiler.

I'm not regularly building userland (there's still a lot of stuff
missing), but the resulting compiler is used on a daily basis for
kernel work:
http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/jbglaw/vax-linux.git

I just started again with more active development after I moved to a
new town (mostly focussing on kernel work for the first days (better
RTC support, still need to build a SCSI driver for the VAXish
connected NCR5394 on a 4000m60), but some kind of pthread support (and
a stdc++ library as well) is on the radar, too.

(Is there some kind of documentation available what needs to be
supported in binutils and GCC for NPTL and TLS?)

MfG, JBG

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw       jbglaw at lug-owl.de    . +49-172-7608481             _ O _
"Eine Freie Meinung in  einem Freien Kopf    | Gegen Zensur | Gegen Krieg  _ _ O