Buildroot: cannot find /lib/libc.so.0

Stephen Warren swarren at wwwdotorg.org
Fri Sep 30 16:17:20 UTC 2005

Peter S. Mazinger wrote:

>Dmytro Bablinyuk wrote:
>>
>>buildroot/build_powerpc/staging_dir/powerpc-linux-uclibc/bin/ld:
>>cannot find /lib/libc.so.0
>>collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> Please test current svn in buildroot and see if it works for you now.

I still get the same issue (or one that looks just like it) with the
latet SVN buildroot and SVN.

The entire build log is available at:

http://severn.wwwdotorg.org/downloads/log-libc-so-latest.txt.bz2

The file is only 72K, but don't *everyone* hammer the server for the
heck of it, because it only has a theoretical 512k/sec upload, and
that's when it's feeling like working:-)

A related issue, which I don't think it causing this issue at all, is
that the first thing buildroot does is an "install_dev". Now that you
created a separate "install_headers", I think buildroot should be using
this, since I *think* all buildroot initially needs is the C lib headers
for building binutils and/or first stage gcc.