Cross-debugging core files

Devin Bayer devin.bayer at rochester.edu
Thu Sep 29 03:27:09 UTC 2005

Hello.  I am trying to debug a core file from a i386-linux-uclibc
machine on my i386-pc-linux-gnu host.  I didn't anticate this being
an issue, but when I attempt it I get an error:

     This GDB was configured as "--host=i386-pc-linux-gnu
     --target=i386-linux-uclibc"...
     GDB can't read core files on this machine.

Has anybody figured out how to enable this behavior?

Thanks,
Devin Bayer

BTW, I have several modifications and additional packages for
buildroot.  When I submit the patches, should I use a seperate email
for each one?