BuildRoot with a prebuilt toolchain

Daniel Laird danieljlaird at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 26 13:51:53 UTC 2005

I am working on a project that has a number of developers.
We have been looking at using buildroot.
One of the biggest drawbacks was that the toolchain had to be built for each
developer which is a config management nightmare.

We have made a patch file that allows buildroot to have a prebuilt
toolchain.  It uses this to build all of the packages.  This is controlled
in the usual manner using make menuconfig.

I would be interested in seeing what people think of this idea and would
appreciate feedback as it would obviously help us if this patch gets
accepted into main line.

Cheers
Dan