buildroot: kernel/pcmcia problems

Nathanael D. Noblet nathanael at gnat.ca
Thu Sep 22 17:20:19 UTC 2005

Hello,
	I just did a svn co of the latest buildroot. Attempting to build the
Via/epia-mii target/device and a few other packages. Somehow the pcmcia
package is being loaded (likely from hotplug or something). In anycase
the pcmcia.mk gives the configure script a kernel source dir directive
that it is supposed to get from the linux.mk file I presume which I is
set (modeled after the linux.mk for the AMD devices). But when I watch
the output of buildroot the I get:

( cd /home/gnat/Projects/buildroot/build_i386/pcmcia-cs-3.2.7 ; ./Configure --kernel= --noprompt \
        --rcdir=/etc --arch=i386 --trust --srctree --nocardbus \
        --sysv
--kcc=/home/gnat/Projects/buildroot/build_i386/staging_dir/bin/i386-linux-uclibc-gcc --ucc=/home/gnat/Projects/buildroot/build_i386/staging_dir/bin/i386-linux-uclibc-gcc --ld=/home/gnat/Projects/buildroot/build_i386/staging_dir/bin/i386-linux-uclibc-ld \
        --target=/home/gnat/Projects/buildroot/build_i386/root)

you can see that the --kernel= is blank. Any ideas why? the pcmcia.mk
file does --kernel=$(LINUX_SOURCE_DIR)

I'm a little at a loss? as well the pcmica.mk file is supposed to depend
on uclibc linux targets, so the kernel should build first? One more
thing, I don't know why pcmcia is being built at all. I assumed at first
something else was requiring it, but when double checking via make
menuconfig, it isn't a selected package...

--
Nathanael D. Noblet
Gnat Solutions, Inc