[Buildroot] own package making trouble

Mathieu Deschamps mathieu.deschamps at com2gether.net
Tue Sep 13 08:53:39 UTC 2005

Hi,

I've added a package in buildroot, I've followed the documentation package
template and got inspired by the multiple existing mk files.

It works all fine ... but the .patched, .configured marking mechanisms seems
not to be working, precisely :

Every time I rerun simply "make" on toplevel makefile, it always starts by
downloading, and bzcating, and configuring everything for my package all over
again and again.

I believed this marking mechanisms were done to prevent this, for instance on
every packages, I need to touch .patch file to make him understand to redo
the patching processus (->when testing patchs). Because normally if nothing
changes it says 'Nothing to do with <package>'. So why is it going all over
again ?

Something must miss me, has anybody ever encontered a similar problem ?
Can somebody explain that mechanism ?

Thank you for your input

Mathieu.