locale in uclibc

Chien-Yu Chen torus0 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 18:10:39 UTC 2005

I compiled buildroot with i18n support...
then compiled Xfree86 4.5, then firefox

however, when I tried to startx firefox, it's telling me something like this

gdk: locale not supported, setting to C
gdk: can not set locale modifier

the failing function call that generate this is

XSupportsLocale() in xlib
X was compiled with the buildroot patch....so...

I have tried to set all the LC stuff to both C, or POSIX...but still
not working..
was wondering if because the char map is not set up right or something
in that direction

thanks for any comment

chen

--
       .--.
      |o_o |                   Freedom of Choice